Tuesday, August 23, 2011

old work for a new age

In the hopes of making time for this blog again I thought I would give you an old poem of mine I never feel is finished. I've revised it several times over, been told by professors that it is done and by literary magazines taht it doesnt make any sense.
enjoy, criticise, the floor is yours.



The similarities between turtles                                                  Was the old woman
&Tequila-lollipops                                                                    who swallowed a fly
                                                                                                (perhaps she’l die)
a cautionary tale to children not to eat bugs? Stevens read the dictionary, digesting
geniuses of crows for poem. I too should read the white pages to name you better.
My palette was situated with lemon, ocher, cadmium, alizarin, altra-marine and vermilion,
all other colors were illegal. I have kept a promiscuous purple.
She said she could contemplate with Matisse’s “Woman Before and Aquarium” forever, but the doors locked at five. The act akin to brushing fine gold hair ‘til one day you’re bald. An eighty-year-old man told me not to take life too seriously. The mealworm was at the center of the sucker, and I wondered if the nerve to eat it would come once I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment